Hey! It's our first Craft Corner! And so this week we tried something that could be given as a gift, used as a prize, decoration, etc. It's very versitile and it's called Cookies in a Jar! If you haven't ever made/seen anything like this, here's a picture of ours!
So here's what you will need and what you do:
Things you need:*
~quart size glass jar
~1 2/3 cups of flour
~3/4 tsp. of baking soda
~1/2 cup of white sugar
~1/2 cup of brown sugar
~1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
~1 cup of miniture M&M's
*The things you need on the list above are what will be used to make one of these crafty jars. If you'd like to make two, three, ect... double, triple, etc the amounts.
What you do:
1. Combine the flour, baking soda, and white sugar in a bowl and stir lightly.
2. Put about half of this mixture in your jar and pack firmly.
3. Measure out 1/2 cup of brown sugar and drop on top of the white mixture in jar.
4. Spread out evenly and pack slightly this time.
5. Pour the remaining flour mixture on top. (Don't need to pack this layer.)
6. Pour the chocolate chips and M&M's in different patterns if you like.
7. Cover with the jar lid. (Screwed on pretty tight.)
8. Cut a piece of scrapbooking ribbon an punch a hole through an index card.
9. Include these directions on the index card:
>>>Preheat the oven to 375*F. Empty contents of jar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl combine 3/4 cup of butter, 1 1/2 eggs, and one tsp. of vanilla. Beat until creamy, then add to dry mixture and mix. Drop by tablespoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
10. String the index card onto the ribbon.
11. Tie the ribbon around the top of the lid with a simple knot.
Here are a few more pictures:
*Special thanks to Macy for helping me make them!!
This craft is rated with a:
Have fun with this! We know we did!
Send us an e-mail anytime! firstname.lastname@example.org
~Baked with love,
The Gourmet Scrappers