So before I get any further, I'd just like to show you all what this decadent cake looks like:
Oh my goodness... Well this cake is already all gone and just looking at it made me want more :)Anyways, we got this recipe from http://www.bakerella.blogspot.com/ and just couldn't wait to try it out! So that is why you are looking at a cake right now, rather than a cookie :) Here's the recipe!
Chill: 1 hour
Bake: at 350 degrees F for 34 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
~1 box (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
~1 cup buttermilk
~1/2 cup vegetable oil
~2 cups chopped chocolate-covered peanut butter cups (about 8 ounces), plus more to garnish
~8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
~1 cup heavy cream
~1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Line with waxed paper; coat paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil on low for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high; beat for 2 minutes, scraping down side of the bowl after 1 minute. Fold in 2 cups of the chopped peanut butter cups.
3. Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 34 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let layers cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn out cakes onto wire racks and cool completely.
4. Place chopped dark chocolate in a medium-size bowl. Bring cream just to a boil and pour over chocolate. Whisk until chocolate melts. Add peanut butter and whisk until smooth.
5. Trim top of cake layers flat with a serrated knife. Put 1 cake layer on cooling rack and place on a baking sheet. Pour 1 cup frosting on top; spread evenly with a spatula. Top with remaining cake layer. Pour remaining frosting over the top, allowing it to spill over the sides. Smooth top and sides with spatula. Refrigerate 1 hour to set. Transfer cake to serving plate and garnish with chopped candy, if desired.
Well we hope you enjoyed this post, and definetley enjoy that cake if you decide to bake it! :)
**Special thanks to Macy for helping me make thsi cake!**
~Baked with Love,
The Gourmet Scrappers