And we won't have a prize for this Monthly Cookie but the August Monthly Cookie will have a great prize that you will be able to win as soon as we put the August Monthly Cookie post up! :)
This is my aunt's cut-out cookie recipe. It's great! :)
*1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
*1 cup sugar
*3 tablespoons milk
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*3 cups flour
*1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
*1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
3. Stir together, then add in flour, baking powder, and salt gradually.
4. Roll out dough to a thickness of about 1/4". (Flour your rolling pin and surface as needed.)
5. Use a circle cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. Then, use a knife to cut the cirlce in half, so it looks like a watermelon slice.
6. Put the 'watermelon slices' onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper. (If you don't have parchment, use cooking spray.)
7. Bake at 400*F. (Small cookies bake for 5-8 minutes, larger ones for 8-13.) Just be sure to watch them carefully! :)
8. While they are baking, get your frostings ready. You will need light pink, dark green, light green, white, and black frostings. Put each color of frosting (except for the pink) into a seperate plastic bag. Now, cut a little opening in the corner of each bag so that when you squeeze the frosting out, it can come out in a fine line. (You might want to try this out on a 'not up to date' newspaper before you do it on the cookies.
9. Once the cookies have baked and cooled, frost them with the pink.
10. Now, make a fine line at the edge of the 'watermelons' with the dark green, as seen in the picture(s).
11. After that, make tiny light green stripe marks on the dark green strip.
12. Make a white line just above the dark green strip.
13. Lastly, squirt out the black frosting where the seeds should go.
14. And now of course........ ENJOY!!
Baked with Love,
The Gourmet Scrappers